Welcome to Camp Independence of San Antonio 2023!
Camp Independence provides a camping opportunity for children who have diabetes, emphasizing that the children are able to participate in all camp activities and have fun. Camp Independence 2023 will be held July 18th through July 21st at St. Mary's Hall. Please follow our camp website for the latest updates.
- To provide an enjoyable camping experience for children with diabetes.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment away from home.
- To enable children with diabetes to meet and get to know one another.
- To help children, their brothers, sisters and parents learn more about their disease, how to adjust to it, and how to manage it.
- To provide a respite for parents.
- To help the children understand the elements of a medical program which will approximate normal blood sugar levels while avoiding severe hypoglycemia.
- To help children achieve independence and self-discipline in their approach to life with diabetes.
- To provide an opportunity for health professionals to acquire more knowledge about diabetes and practice their skills.
Camp Independence of San Antonio is an all-volunteer, non-profit corporation, providing educational programs for children with diabetes and their families. It was founded in 1987 to provide a summer camping opportunity for children with diabetes. From 1987 through 1999, Camp Independence operated as an educational program of the American Diabetes Association.
In August of 2000, Camp Independence of San Antonio incorporated to provide educational programs for children with diabetes and their family members. In October of 2000, Camp Independence was granted 501(c)3 status to provide summer camping activities, including arts and crafts, physical challenges, and motivational entertainment in an environment to learn the skills necessary for the child's continued good health.
Postal address: 12145 Creekside Villas Court, Conroe, Texas 77304
Email - General Information: Mark Danney
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Updated 6 Nov. 2022
2004 Camp Independence, Inc. All rights reserved.
Email Camp Independence
top of page